In 1980, five musicians went into the Arch Street Studio in Berkeley, CA and Bluegrass recording history was made. The Bluegrass Album – with Tony Rice, J.D. Crowe, Bobby Hicks, Doyle Lawson and Todd Phillips redefined the direction of the music for the next generation. An instrument that produced some of the finest examples of banjo tone that have ever been recorded. Don’t miss your chance to be a part of the continuing tradition.
- Traditional V-shaped neck with single truss rod
- Deep arch, tapered wall resonator
- Period-correct twin purfling rings
- Deluxe Gold Star 4:1 Pancake Planets for precise easy tuning
- Bound Santos Rosewood fingerboard
- No-hole, cast, machined flathead tone ring